Reporting a Security Issue or Vulnerability
Smart Contract security
If you believe you’ve identified a smart contract issue or vulnerability, please submit a report via Hats.finance anon-friendly submission portal
- On that page, under ‘Select Project’, search for ‘Giveth’
- enter the details of the security issue via the form.
Using this method will encrypt your communications with Giveth’s security team, and will use the Hat’s bug bounty system which you can learn more about in the hats.finance documentation.
If you believe you have identified a security vulnerability on the backend or in the way our deployments work, you are also welcome to email the security team directly at
firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Bug Bounty Program Submission”.
The email should include:
- a detailed description of the vulnerability and steps to reproduce it.
- Please also include your Arbitrum wallet address for reward distribution.
- If you wish to encrypt your message to us, our public PGP key is available HERE.
Once the report is received, the Giveth security team will review the vulnerability and respond with a determination of its validity and severity. If the report is valid, the team will work to fix the vulnerability and distribute the reward to the reporter.