Giveth is a community focused on Building the Future of Giving using blockchain technology. Our intention is to support and reward the funding of public goods by creating open, transparent and free access to the revolutionary funding opportunities available within the Ethereum ecosystem. Check out our Calendar and Join Page to get more involved.
To build a culture of giving that rewards and empowers those who give - to projects, to society, and to the world.
Giving is effortless and people all around the world are rewarded for creating positive change.
Giveth encourages Decentralization:
- Giveth offers innovative open-source solutions built on blockchain technology, which is inherently decentralized
- Giveth is pioneering and experimenting with decentralized governance and communication techniques and supporting their adoption by other communities
Giveth promotes Altruism:
- Giveth is an open, non-hierarchical global initiative empowering social, environmental and humanistic impact projects with modern technologies
- Giveth supports many like-minded initiatives that are adding value to the world without necessarily having a direct profit motive
- Giveth is building a self-sustaining giving economy that encourages and rewards altruistic intention
Giveth believes in the power of Community:
- Giveth is an inclusive community united around a common goal
- Giveth is a community-owned platform, building and developing our DApps based on feedback from our members
- Giveth enables trust within communities by increasing transparency and accountability through blockchain technology
- Giveth proactively reaches out to similar initiatives which we see as potential collaborators, as opposed to competitors
What are the Giveth DApps?
The Giveth Donation Applications (DApps) create bridges between for-good projects and Givers wanting to make a difference. Giveth has two Donation Applications (DApps), Giveth TRACE and Giveth.io, each with unique features and benefits for philanthropic projects looking for funding.
Giveth.io has been designed to facilitate ease of use so that anyone can get involved. Creating an account is easy; donating to and creating projects can be done in minutes. Giveth is home to a wide range of philanthropic ventures and is widely recognized across the Ethereum ecosystem, so naturally it's a great place to get exposure for your mission!
Giveth TRACE is our original DApp that has been continually evolving since 2017. It offers a robust system to allow project owners to define their funding objectives via tiered donation entities. Givers benefit from this extra layer through the ability to specify and trace the movement of their donations on the DApp. Giveth pioneered the first bridge between Ethereum networks and this is where it was built. We leverage a Mainnet and Rinkeby bridge to make managing, tracing and withdrawing funds easy and gas-less.
Why should I donate to a project on Giveth?
The Giveth DApps use blockchain technology to track and record cryptocurrency donations, allowing them to be recorded and forever accessible. We build systems to provide potential donors with high-quality, verified projects and design economies that give back to those who give. Giveth has had a long and critical role in the development of Ethereum, and is one of the most trusted names in the blockchain community.
Who owns Giveth?
Giveth is governed by an ever expanding community of developers, designers, philanthropists, decentralists, visionaries, engineers, writers and blockchain enthusiasts. Our eclectic mix of humans from the Ethereum and non-profit worlds, are formally known as the Giveth Decentralized Altruistic Community (or DAC). We are passionate to provide the tools for anyone to build a global community around a cause. Our current DAO structure is based on a model of sociocracy, with governing rights distributed regularly to active contributors.
Is Giveth recognized as an official charity?
Giveth is a part of the SDG impact fund which is a registered donor-advised fund. The Giveth organization, under this legal architecture, is represented as a non-profit 501c3 in the United States. We are a community-led project and do not derive any direct profit from the platform. We strive to model our organization as one of the first not-for-profit blockchain based entities. We guarantee all funds will get recycled back into the Community that is ensuring the Giveth Platform gets adopted widely.