GIVE… to the causes, projects and actions you care about.
GET… the tokens that give back to those who are GIVing forward for positive change.
GOVERN… project curation, product development and a new economy based on altruism.
Giveth aims to be a donor-focused organization that GIVs back to those who use our platform to transparently and accountably support change in the world.
We value transparent, holistic governance and hope to be a shining example of it. We explore and readily adopt new innovations that support us in embodying these values. We believe in the self-organizing power of sociocracy, which we apply in the organization of tasks, participation in the Proposal and Advice Process, and facilitation of our governance meetings.
Our circle is uniting the power of our Decentralized Autonomous Community (DAC) with the non-profit advantages of our Donor Advised Foundation (DAF) to iterate upon creation of our governing Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO).
We are progressively decentralizing the Giveth decision-making process by building a community and a token-based economy around our platform that recognizes contributions, values participation and rewards altruism.
- Demonstrate Fiscal Accountability by responsibly provisioning funds and skills toward team structure, conflict resolution, administration, financial transparency, organization of team gatherings and quality assurance. Meet the resource needs of the Giveth community, platform and economy.
- Innovate Internal Governance through experimenting with and documenting decentralized governance systems within the Giveth DAO structure (e.g. Sociocracy, RewardDAO, Conviction Voting, SourceCred, etc.) that could prove useful for future Decentralized Altruistic Organizations to learn from and implement their own versions.
- Collaborate with the Ethereum Ecosystem to develop collaborative tools that generate mutual benefit and success by partnering with and participating in the governance of other mission-aligned organizations such as: Commons Stack, Token Engineering Commons, DAppNode, BrightID, 1Hive, GitCoin and MetaGame.
- Create Regenerative Value that nurtures and grows the Giveth Token Economy (GIVeconomy) by empowering individuals toward inclusive decentralized decision making with outcomes that have real impact on the organization and positive change in the world when cascaded through our listed projects.
- The Discord channel for all things Governance can be found here. If you haven’t already joined our Giveth Discord server, we invite you to connect with us here!
- Participate in the weekly GIVernance Meeting online, as scheduled on the Giveth calendar. To get a feel of what we discuss during our weekly meetings, recordings of past calls can be found on our Giveth Transparency YouTube channel.
- Anyone can create and submit a proposal to members of Giveth's Reputation DAO! We request that proposals go through an Advice Process by starting with a discussion on our Forum.
- You can read more about all of our initiatives on our Medium blog, and find documentation in the Governance 2 folder on Google Drive. Historical information on previous Giveth Governance iterations are archived in this Trace Governance folder.